Do I need a phone line?
- You are not required to have a phone line to have your alarm monitored. Because more and more people no longer have home phones, it's becoming quite common to use a GSM (Global System for Mobile) communication system. In fact, it's more advantageous to have GSM Communication because it's more reliable and safer than a traditional phone line, which could be cut or damaged.
What are some benefits of GSM (Global System Mobile) Communication?
- You no longer need to rely on your telephone line to have your alarm monitored.
- It's wireless. We can connect to your alarm panel over your cellular network. In the past, a land line would have been required to send an alarm signal to our monitoring company.
- Cellular monitoring is safer. Because it's wireless, there are no phone lines that can be damaged, or cut.
- Have a backup plan. Even if you have a phone line, it's advantageous to have cellular monitoring
How long are the monitoring agreements?
- Our monitoring agreements vary depending on your needs.
How long will it take to install my alarm?
- It depends on a few factors, such as the type of system, the size of your home or business, and the number of zones and sensors. It can take as little as a few hours or up to a few days to install an alarm system.
Can R A M Security monitor the alarm I already have?
- Yes, in most cases if you already have an alarm, we are able to monitor it for you.
What is the price for the typical alarm system?
- The pricing varies depending on the type of system. We are able to accommodate almost any price range.
What kind of security systems does R A M Security install?
- Although we are able to install any type of alarm system, we prefer to use Honeywell, 2Gig, and the Interlogix UltraSync platforms. We believe these are among the best and most reliable systems available.
What forms of payment do you accept?
- We accept cash, check, Visa, American Express, MasterCard, and Discover.